View Single Post
02-08-2014, 04:32 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Yeah, but playing in the tail-end of the 80ies AND having his best season in 92-93 (which should TOTALLY be counted for a Art Ross, by the way) will tend to do that for a goalscoring center.

I'm just trying to be somewhat fair to every player. I've been somewhat critical of "spike" players so far and not doing the same for Lafontaine would be intellectually dishonest. Part of me want to put him in the Top-3 (at the very least) of this round right away. The other says "meh, maybe Top-60, not sure".

If anything, HO's wrap up of Primeau, Lemaire, Zetterberg and Lafontaine is extremely interesting -- possibly the most well-articulated post of the whole project, even if I do agree with some determinations in it. Now, I don't think Primeau has a case over Lafontaine. Lemaire has a bit of the Larionov syndrome (certainly won't lead his team in scoring while playing with Lafleur...).

Even so Pat is 10th in goals in his time in the NHL against his peers, even with all that time missed and his shortened seasons (including his rookie one were he played in the Olympics).

In his peak, 88-93 (so a pretty good 6 year consecutive sample) he was 5th in goals.

I'd venture to say that almost every player in the top 5 in goals (and points) for a 6 year period, any time in the NHL is worthy of serious top 60 consideration, even at the ultra competitive center position.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote