View Single Post
Old
02-08-2014, 11:25 PM
AEM6729

vCash: 500
Kinda disappointed in the party line for this one: consensus from Trotz seems to be that we played awesome, they got lucky bounces, and he'll be thrilled if we play like that all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I do think we played well. It was an entertaining game and I was impressed with our level of play. But I also think it's wrong to write this loss off on lucky bounces. It's not luck when the other team's top line has you scrambling around playing goalie and creates a good bounce in the process; that is talent creating chances. The story of this game wasn't the "lucky bounces", it was the fact that the Ducks have a line of dominant forwards who can take control of a shift (no matter how the momentum of the game has been going) and use their talent to make things happen, and we do not.

It's frustrating to hear the organization so willing to write things off on luck. The guy next to me kept saying that you can't put a mule up against a thoroughbred and expect him to win, and he's right. The mule will run his ass off for you, but he's just not going to win. If the organization can't see that, we're in for a long future of the same old stuff.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote