View Single Post
Old
02-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Burnt Biscuits

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't know if anyone else has suggested it, but what about going after Stewart in St. Louis to play on the 3rd line RW with Gordon? He seems to have fallen out of favour with Blues fans and maybe could be had for a reasonable price.

Add a guy like Ott and that could be a pretty solid 3rd line.
I like Gordon + Hendricks as a duo, improving our team further so we can slot Hendricks lower in the line-up isn't a bad idea, but I would like to maintain the hard working lunch pail, hard on the forecheck kind of style that the two have been playing together on our 3rd line. Stewart as others have said has serious consistency issues, if he was consistent I think he'd be as good offensively as Iginla in his prime; but I'm doubtful he has that in him. I also see Stewart as a 2nd line player, I don't know how he would take to being a 3rd line role player on our team.

I'd like to add a skilled, speedy forward to compliment them who still plays a pretty good two way game, someone like Chris Higgins or Matt Read would likely work out well. Being that we have Eakins I'm sure he'll want to add Frattin to that line.