View Single Post
Old
02-08-2007, 07:55 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
For starters, how often do teams trade star pro goalies? Florida did it and they made a terrible deal because Auld stinks. I didn't understand that deal from day one. Teams hold onto star goalies. Second, how many teams have a elite goalie prospect and a young star goalie on the NHL level like the Rangers do? I can't even think of one. Teams almost never trade elite goalie prospects because they need them on their team at some point. In fact, the Rangers went thru something like this before with Richter and Beezer. It's rare and the Rangers seem to have a habit of getting into this situation.
I'm not certain which teams have great prospect goalies but a quick perusal through other team boards reveal fans who certainly think they have potential great ones in their systems. Beezer is a great example of goalies just not fetching that much in trades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
I think Tampa would trade Richards for Montoya in a second if they could in some kind of deal.
I cannot tell you how much I disagree with you that Tampa would do that and if they would could someone please make Sather make it happen. To not do that deal from our standpoint would be self-sabotage.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote