View Single Post
Old
02-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Kyle McMahon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
It's different with Guay though. People like Wotherspoon, Hollingsworth, Hamelin, etc. have come back and won some medals in subsequent Olympics. Maybe not the gold they were favoured to win but medals of some sort. Guay keeps coming back and never wins anything. It's mystifying.
I just don't get my hopes too high for the downhill anymore. Prestigious event, would be great to see another medal one of these days, but just doesn't seem to happen. I'm not old enough to remember Canada ever medal in downhill in fact. Regardless of World Cup results, it's typically an event that the Austrians, Swiss, and Italians seem to dominate. It's like the Stanley Cup to those countries, they just seem to have that extra something when the chips are down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
I'm just wondering does Canada always do this will or is this an exceptional start for us at the Olympics
Two of our four medals are in brand new events. This is pretty typical. We usually medal in moguls but not a whole lot else early on. Short track speed skating usually yields the most medals for us, but most of those events are in the final days of the Olympics, as are hockey and curling finals. Can usually depend on 8-10 medals in the last four or five days.

Kyle McMahon is offline   Reply With Quote