View Single Post
02-10-2014, 02:20 PM
Blue Blooded
vCash: 500
Who is this "offensive" top-4 RHD that we could just add without crippling our team? Because unless we could somehow get Byfuglien in a trade (and then I think Strålman is a better fit than Girardi to stay TBH), I have a hard time seeing someone we could even conceivably add. Because unless you have an unfair reputation and you play in Winnipeg, an offensive legit top-4 RH D-man isn't traded for anything but a kings ransom.

St. Louis aren't giving us Shattenkirk. Wisniewski (whom I love) isn't being traded. Franson isn't a top-4 D-man. Pittsburgh aren't letting Niskanen go - especially with what's happening to Letang.

And when you are in the Rangers' position, you don't force a kid into that role. Vatanen isn't ready - and would cost a ton. Barrie isn't ready. Rundblad has rocks for brains.

Basically - any player that fits the mold that would complement our top-4 better than Strålman will cost two arms and three legs. We will be a lot better off keeping Strålman - who by the way is our 2nd most skilled defenceman. So if you want more skill on the blueline it makes a lot more sense trading Girardi and getting a more skilled player in his place.

Sign Strålman to at least 4-5 years. The cap is going up - long-term deals will be steals, especially for an undervalued guy like Strålman.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote