View Single Post
Old
02-10-2014, 08:26 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoremore View Post
From where the Canadiens could be drafting and who might be available, I'd be pleased if Alex Tuch was selected. He seems have a nice blend of skill and physical play. I saw in another thread where he was compared to Nick Bjugstad. (He's a big centre with raw skills.) While I wouldn't say it's an exact comparison - Tuch is, after all, a couple of inches shorter - it seems like a decent assessment.

I don't know enough about Ivan Barbashev. From reports I read, it sounds like he's got tons of character and plays a solid game. At the same time, it doesn't seem like he was one stand-out skill. (I could be wrong. Maybe someone who has seen him play a bit more could comment?)

If the Canadiens somehow snagged another first rounder, I'd be really pleased with Sonny Milano. From the bit I've seen in video clips, it seems he has amazing hand-eye coordination and is a terrific skater. Milano doesn't seem to be getting a lot of attention from what I've read. Maybe he could be this year's version of Teemu Teravainen, a guy who slips down but that everyone raves about afterwards?

Has anyone seen anything of Pavel Kraskovsky? He seems to be a pivot with that kind of size (6'4", 187 lbs.) that teams all covet. But I haven't been able to find much about him. Is he a third round talent?

Just my thoughts. I enjoy reading the opinions and comments that others post, especially if it's about a player (like Barbashev) that I haven't seen play as much.
Barbashev has the identifiable Plekanec syndrome, work, work and work somemore. Another player that maybe worth a 3rd or 4th rounder is Beau Starrett LW USPHL South Shore's 6'4.75" - 200 lbs scorer, with 6g + 12a = 18pts in 19 games and fifth in the league, 2nd on SS he could be the sleeper pick. Out of legendary Catholic Memorial HS., Roxbury, Mass. could he be the next John Leclair coming soon to an arena near you. He signed with Cornell the same school Ken Dryden was at for Boston when they had his rights, a nice pick from under their noses, says moses.