View Single Post
Old
02-10-2014, 08:38 PM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi Ruxpin View Post
LW Vladimir Tkachev - Moncton Wildcats - 5'8 160 lbs

I know there's a few posters on here that have seen this kid play. Thoughts?

I've seen him play a few times since he came over from Russia and I'm definitely blown away from his skill level. Now, he is small, and we seem to have alot of these guys in the system already.

He's been fairly successful so far after ripping up the U18s and in the MHL. He also had a cup of coffee in the KHL this year. So far in Moncton he has 14 points in 8 games.

Where ultimately could this kid be drafted? 2nd or 3rd round?
Tkachev is magical no doubting that, but his size and being Russian could see Tampa Bay draft him with a late 3rd or 4th round pick, sickening when one looks at his playmaking skills. Jacob Sweeney seems to be benefitting from the scoring exploits of Barbashev & Tkachev since Vlad the Impaler joined his countryman lighting up the QMJHL. At 6'4" - 200 lbs. the LHD maybe worth a 2nd look for our Quebec fans to watch next time Moncton is in town. Stevie Yzerman is firmly of the belief that taking all of the Russian talents that make the journey over are worth the risk of a draft pick even in the 1st round. His team will be huge in size along with huge talent, check out their list of prospects and form your own opinion.

Last edited by S Bah: 02-10-2014 at 08:52 PM.