View Single Post
Old
02-10-2014, 09:00 PM
Panda Bear

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
I am not Anti-Hall. That being said I think people around here tend to overrate him a bit. Yes he's got a great offensive game but there are still many small things in his game he needs to fix.

Shooting more, being more physical, drop/blind passes need to be cut out, and so forth.

For the Duchene comparison, Hall is less than a year younger than him. Hall has a better offensive game but Duchene has a better all-around game.

TC has some of the finest hockey minds in the game. Doesn't it raise a few flags that they picked Duchene, Carter, and Nash over him?
If Team Canada were playing a season rather than a tournament, Hall would be on it. Since the tournament's are so short, however, you need to have a heavier emphasis on responsible play than you would otherwise.

I can appreciate Duchene being taken in that light as he's received better coaching and has better defensive habits than Hall, but he's bench fodder on that team. Carter makes sense from a systems-standpoint as a shooter who can complement playmakers. I don't think either of them will be able to change a game like Hall could, though.

Nash just scored eleven goals in fifteen games, has always brought it for Team Canada, and has great habits. Nash is more worthy to be on the team than the likes of Sharp, Benn, Marleau, and Kunitz let alone Duchene and Carter.