View Single Post
Old
02-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowbyBlow View Post
You have to look at Crosby (2006), and Stamkos (2010) as recent examples. Tavares and Duchene have one more year than Hall, and it almost fills the quote for underage players, when you realize Duchene is a thirteen forward - who should probably be ahead of Nash and Carter to an extent.

No offense to St. Louis, but Giroux should have been chosen over him, or even Hall. To me its unfair Giroux is not on the team, Hall most could live with.
Hall wasn't on my radar, but I have no doubt he will be on the next Oly team if they send nhl'ers there again.

I like Nash there from the p.o.v. that he is the kind of guy that can just force the puck into the net by sheer willpower alone. Him and Perry are extremely hard to stop around the net and that kind of goalscoring is hard to pass up.

I feel sorry for opposing coaches lol. If you were looking at defending against team canada you'd be looking at a crazy mix of size, speed and skill. I don't think it can be done.

The only thing in our way is that other teams know they are in the underdog role and that they all have to be 100% committed to team defense. Canada could end up being guilty of being a bit too fearless and focusing too much on offense.