View Single Post
Old
02-10-2014, 11:06 PM
BlowbyBlow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Hall wasn't on my radar, but I have no doubt he will be on the next Oly team if they send nhl'ers there again.

I like Nash there from the p.o.v. that he is the kind of guy that can just force the puck into the net by sheer willpower alone. Him and Perry are extremely hard to stop around the net and that kind of goalscoring is hard to pass up.

I feel sorry for opposing coaches lol. If you were looking at defending against team canada you'd be looking at a crazy mix of size, speed and skill. I don't think it can be done.

The only thing in our way is that other teams know they are in the underdog role and that they all have to be 100% committed to team defense. Canada could end up being guilty of being a bit too fearless and focusing too much on offense.
I wanted to point also though that in years past with Brewer/Smyth it seemed like Lowe had more pull in getting in his own guys playing there. Is he not have any influence, and are Oiler players getting less respect around the league than they should.