View Single Post
Old
02-10-2014, 10:56 PM
BlowbyBlow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Smyth scored 39 goals back in the day, and he was dominant along the boards and great in front of the net. He was useful as a role player on a good team and there are always a few 1st line nhl'ers who make the national team in that capacity. I don't think anyone sees Hall as a role player, so he has to make the team as a top 6 fwd.

Are Oilers getting less respect than they should? I dunno, seems like most Oiler fans hate 1/2 the players on the roster so I don't know if anyone else can diss them as bad as we do.
Speaking on behalf of Smyth those were the days where a guy like Draper, or Zamuner could make the team. Smyth and Brewer were picked solely on Lowe pulling for them Smyth scored 39 i think in his second season, he was always a 20-25 goal scorer. He did have the reputation from the Dallas playoffs to rise to the occasion.

Comparing him and Brewer to Hall or even Eberle is not comparable the latter 2 are at least team Canada noteworthy, with Hall being in the discussion. To me it seems like Oiler players get no respect at all, and i think many fans, and Gm's, coaches of other teams just undervalue them in potential acquisitions, ect.