View Single Post
Old
02-11-2014, 05:31 AM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
I'm serious from the point of view that I'm not chatting with them about trading Sam for some parts that the Oil may or may not develop into nhl'ers, or even for some super duper awesome magic beans. That's crap.

There's no saying that we just have to deal with the Kings, and if they want to do a deal then they can be the ones taking spare parts. The Oilers have until next season to win their next game. The Kings need to win in the playoffs. **** 'em.
You are trading Gagner to restructure the Oilers. This means you will almost surely get a less skilled player who fits a role. If they offered someone like Clifford of course you would hope for more. But no team will give you a roster player who can match his skill level but also bring those things that are missing in his game.

LA is actually a very good fit for Gagner as they have the type of forward that can complement his game and they need scoring. If the return was something like Clifford and Zykov I'd be thrilled. Clifford + Muzzin seems like a pipe dream to me, at least without the Oilers adding something.

Any trade with any team that would bring back someone comparable to Richards is not going to see Gagner as the core piece from the Oilers.

Last edited by Fourier: 02-11-2014 at 05:37 AM.