View Single Post
Old
02-11-2014, 08:19 AM
Halifaxhab*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
With Mike McCarron seemingly having found his niche at center for the London Knights and Connor Crisp at LW in Sudbury the Habs would have a ready to go 3rd line with the addition of Alex Tuch in the 1st round this year. If not there is always Connor Chatham, Plymouth's Huge RW the Habs could draft in the late 3rd round.

I can already feel the Vibes around the Bell Center when a Habs line with their dimensions takes the ice and owns it. If Tuch is gone they can always go for Barbashev, this Russian plays hockey the Canadian way and has the non-stop motor like Plekanec.

Others I'd really like but will be gone Dal Colle, McCann, Ekblad**, Ehlers, along with Sam Bennett whom I haven't seen yet but apparently he's the best this year. Dal Colle reminds me of a young Mike Bossy, oh I can only wish the Habs get him.

Beau Starrett hasn't had any attention here yet and could be a real sleeper pick. Come on Habs beef up on heavy wingers for our young European stars and of course Andrighetto and Hudon. Starrett certainly could take care of one of them. Expected to top out at 6'6" and 230 lbs. he will be a PWF to match up nicely with a really talented playmaker like Lehkonen or Collberg. Sort of the policeman on their line ensuring that opponents don't take liberties with our small statured star players anymore.

When the players around the league realize the Habs will protect them the stars will want to play in Montreal for the Canadiens once again! Wayne Gretzky had Semenko, these Hab prospects better have one in this age, where there are Giants skating around, no longer is 6'6" players an oddity, they are becoming the norm, look at the teams Buffalo and Florida are building for direction. Huge is the way of the future not small like it is in Montreal.

I like Tuch for our 1st pick, this kid seems to have the finish and like to use his size. I also wouldn't mind Ehlers (homer pick, watch this kid play ALOT here in Halifax) and Larkin (who I see as another Plekanec in the future).

I aslo have never taken an LSAT so take my hockey opinions with a grain of salt....but instead of taking a dumb test, I went out and worked to get a good paying, secure and rewarding job....so uhm, test, schmest

Ready Aye Ready