02-11-2014, 09:33 AM
chosen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindberg Cheese View Post
Answers below cranky old man:

Don
That's a leading question based on false premise but answer is neither
Never saw Park in any uniform live and the alternative doesn't seem scary.

I think highly of Park but promoting a player for a banner who is not in the Rangers top ten in any major stat category, who hasn't won a cup, who played less than 500 games for the club, is not considered a "founder" is a short cut to thinking and indicates a serious lapse in judgement. The only argument I've heard was that he was the 2nd best defenseman in the league and best for a very good club over his 7 years. That's an extremely weak argument, stop your bromance with him it's embarrassing.
Now that I know you did not see him, it makes a little sense. If Callahan signs here for another two years he will qualify for the rafters under your reasoning. His career will be very similar to Maloney's.

If you are concerned about stats, how many Rangers put up more points while he was here, and he was a defenseman.

What is embarrassing is suggesting that Don Maloney is more deserving than Park.

If there was a vote here on which one deserves it, you would be hard-pressed to get 5% who agree with you.

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote