View Single Post
Old
02-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Val d'or is too one dimensional and dependant on 3-4 players. Teams like that usually struggle to win 4 playoff rounds. Halifax is crap also, Drouin looks disinterested and they have little depth.

RN BC BBA and Victo are teams I would look at in the Q right now...
I disagree on Val d'Or. They may have the most scoring depth in the league (after BC, then again still close). Add to that one of the best PK in the league, and one of the best shot differential in the league. All they have to do really is cut down on turnovers. Gélinas and Gazzola can put a ton of points on the board but they turn the puck over a bit too much defensively (or pinch in a little much). It doesn't result in tons of shots against, but they still give up a bit too many quality chances against. If they can settle down with the acquisition of Graves and Bibeau in net, they could do some damage come playoffs time. I wouldn't be surprised if they made it all the way.

In the end, I kinda hope Baie-Comeau wins as they have the best shot at winning the Memorial Cup. No Q team will walk in London as the favorites. They'll have to play these low-scoring games and hope for lucky bounces and clutch goals on the PP. Baie-Comeau plays that style of game, and Veilleux has shown this style can work on small stretches. Although it may lead them to lose in the second round, it's also the best strategy when coming in as underdogs.