View Single Post
02-11-2014, 02:21 PM
NewFound Oiler
vCash: 989
Originally Posted by LORENZO View Post

Mables BBQ next to the brewery does some good food too.
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Long Beach is awesome, as is Jones Beach Amphitheater if you're looking to take in a concert. NFL preseason should be starting as well if you want to see MetLife Stadium. Hit the beer gardens in queens as well (Astoria Beer Garden and Studio Square). Brooklyn Brewery is fun too, and has an awesome bar called The Whiskey Brooklyn right next to it. Barcade and Radegast are also somewhere around there, but I was seriously plastered at the time, so I'm not sure how far.

Also, I don't know how long you're planning on being in NYC, but if it's more than say 5 days, I would seriously consider hoping MetroNorth upstate to Bear Mountain, West Point, or Breakneck Ridge. They're all about an hour by train, and it's seriously beautiful up there. I grew up in that area and moved to Queens after college.

Man, now I'm missing NY. I live in Atlanta now, which is cool in it's own way, but I wish I could have stayed.

Thanks man, unfortunately only there for around 5 days then off to Cali. Were from Newfoundland so I think we'd stick to the city and stay away from the trees and nature ( The snow has been kicking our ass this year). NFL is up and running then huh? That's an interesting pick, what's better for the experience NFL or MLB?