View Single Post
Old
02-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Mikey71

vCash: 50
I would like Muzzin to come to the Oilers in a deal. I have followed him since his days in the OHL here in the Soo and love his dedication. I don't know how often or even if it has been mentioned here, but he had HUGE back issues his first few years in the Soo. I don't remember 100%, but I think he ended up missing a full season when he had surgery to correct it. That really set his development back and I am thrilled he has come along so well, but know he would be so much further along had he not missed all of that development time early on.

What type of player would he be in Edmonton compared to what he is in LA? I think he takes many of the chances he does because LA is a good enough team to absorb the mistakes he makes. If he were in Edmonton, I think he would be fine as long as he played within himself and played a lower risk game. In fact, as long as he played within himself, I think he would be the best Oiler defenceman at least as much as any current Oiler defenceman would be. While I am not calling him a clone by any stretch, I see a lot of Adam Foote in his game. I picked Foote since I watched him from his junior days thru the rest of his career.

Gagner for Clifford and Muzzin, yes please.