View Single Post
Old
02-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Oilerdiehard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawz View Post
Yeah, plus he'll have more value in the summer when the cap goes up if we want to deal him. We're in no rush.
With Gagner's obvious weaknesses. I think he actually has more value now with the desperation of the stretch run and the playoffs (and realizing now they are desperate for immediate offense teams might over look some of those weaknesses) rather than this Summer when GMs are in team building mode.

I think in that mode Gagner and his contract get less attractive when teams have more space with the cap going up, way more teams in position to trade on salary in trades, it becomes less of a sellers market, GMs will be looking toward free agency to fill some holes. Plus if it drags on too long his NTC kicks in and maybe he is only willing to waive to go to say 2 teams, then you are forced unfortunately to keep him or be held over a barrel as those waive teams will find out the Oil have zero leverage / choices. I hope they push hard to ship him out by the trade deadline, his value only goes down from here.