View Single Post
Old
02-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Cawz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
With Gagner's obvious weaknesses. I think he actually has more value now with the desperation of the stretch run and the playoffs (and realizing now they are desperate for immediate offense teams might over look some of those weaknesses) rather than this Summer when GMs are in team building mode.

I think in that mode Gagner and his contract get less attractive when teams have more space with the cap going up, way more teams in position to trade on salary in trades, it becomes less of a sellers market, GMs will be looking toward free agency to fill some holes. Plus if it drags on too long his NTC kicks in and maybe he is only willing to waive to go to say 2 teams, then you are forced unfortunately to keep him or be held over a barrel as those waive teams will find out the Oil have zero leverage / choices. I hope they push hard to ship him out by the trade deadline, his value only goes down from here.
I dont think so. At the trade deadline, no-one is going to trade away a useful NHL player if they are heading to the playoffs, and thats what we need. I think we can find a better trading partner in the early summer before his NMC kicks in July 1. We need a trade with someone who has too many grinders and not enough skill. There were 25 players traded last year before July 1st, so there is always a mini-flurry before the 1st.