View Single Post
Old
02-12-2014, 10:58 AM
The Last Dynasty
Big #1 C

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behind Enemy Lines View Post
Stu McGregor picked a good game to see in Calgary. Hitmen walloped the Raiders 7-2. Most importantly he got an eyeful of power forward Jake Virtanen who rolled over P.A. with 2 goals and an assist and a sparkling +4. He did it all ways demonstrating his elite shot, powerful skating ability, and physical strength and heavy board play. His second goal was pure beauty breaking down the wing, avoiding a defender in full stride, and unleashing a rocket wrister scoring high slot. Jake now has 35 goals on the season. Stud player.

Draft rival Draisaitl had one assist and -5 for P.A. Result was not good but you notice the size and pretty solid skill set. Solid in the faceoff dot. He has two speeds - a steady coast but a strong acceleration with powerful stride when in full flight. He stapled a Hitmen player with a big hit but for the most part looks like somewhat of a peripheral player which is too bad given his formidable size.

Good vision but had at least one cross ice pass intercepted (by Virtanen no less).

Overall a statement game by Virtanen who was named Hitmen player of the month before the game. Watching this guy game in and game out I see a an elite shooter with great boots with the size and disposition to beat teams with skill or run over with physical play.
Stauffer is really hyping Virtanen up which means they're very high on him but do the Oilers need another winger? I know he's got "power winger" written all over him but I believe we gotta build on D and at center 1st

I have a feeling if Buffalo wins the lottery, they're going with a forward 1st...probably Reinhart, who looks unreal at the moment

Ekblad could be ours at #2