View Single Post
Old
02-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Quiet Robert

vCash: 500
It might the only combo we haven't tried yet. It does strike me as somewhat bizarre that it hasn't been tried at least once this year. Arguably our three most potent offensive threats. Koivu and Kovalev have shown they can produce and be dangerous together. I hate to start to read into things that aren't there, but maybe there is some kind of ego thing with Carbo, or that he doesn't think they'd be good enough defensively, who knows. It just seems odd that these three weren't tried out at least a few times.

At this point it's a line like that that would make the sense to me. We need offense, and 5 on 5 these guys could and should be dangerous. Higgins-Plekanec-Ryder might not be most appealing 2nd line, but Pleks and Higgins have enough speed and skill to make it work.

Maybe Carbo is worried that putting all his eggs in one basket would make it easier to shut us down, but at this point with so little going at even strength, and the powerplay being as average as it is, I think this is the kind of line we should be looking at. Worse comes to worse, you break it up after one period, but I wouldn't mind seeing these guys together. At least have a line dedicated solely to producing offensively.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote