View Single Post
Old
02-08-2007, 10:42 PM
MSG the place to be*

vCash: 500
The future of Ryan Hollweg is a sensitive subject for some because of the hustle and hard hitting he provides. In my opinion there are three types of third/fourth line players.
In preference order...
1) Defensive-minded/capable of playing against teams top line/elite penalty killer (Think the Devils third line)
2) offensively gifted but does not have all-around game/coaches confidence to be on a scoring line. (Think Huselius, currently PRUCHA)
3) Player who is basically limited in scoring or defensive ability or both but provides a physical presence or maybe even "intangible" quality (Think RYAN HOLLWEG)

Im sorry but even guys like Barnaby and McCarthy did what Hollweg does and found their name on the scoresheet pretty frequently.

Ideally you want your bottom six forwards to form three penalty killing pairings and have your top six form 2 two power play units.

Cullen Ortmeyer Hossa Betts Avery Callahan(much better than hall)

Jagr Nylander Straka Shanahan Prucha ???
(I think Shanahan should be removed from the top unit because his game does not suit the other players, to no fault of his own)

***WE NEED A SECOND LINE CENTER BADLY***

We are not far off from having forward lines where people aren't out of place

Straka-Nylander-Jagr
Prucha-??????-Shanahan
Avery-Cullen-Ortmeyer
Callahan-Betts-Hossa

I can even understand switching Avery with Prucha because of the chemistry of the COP line and supposedly between shanny and avery

WE AINT OUT OF IT YET!!!

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote