View Single Post
Old
02-12-2014, 10:30 PM
SupersonicMonkey*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjets36 View Post
I'm asking you how that package does anything for us?

Neither Stewart nor the low first has any type of high probability of paying dividends for us after next year.

The argument to trade Callahan and give up this season is given so that we have a brighter future. Stewart and a low first is that bright future?

********. We have trouble finding a successful player in the top 10 picks of the first round. You're gonna tell me we have a decent shot of finding that in 24-29?

And Stewart? He's supposed to be adequate replacement for Callahan? He'll want the same pay raise next year, 5.5-6 mill. So same problem with him too. With raises coming up for several of our players we'll be willing to give Stewart the raise when we aren't willing to give fan favorite Callahan that raise?

Please.
We have trouble finding success in the first round?

Korpikoski, Staal, Del Zotto, Kreider are NHL players. Miller is on the verge. McIlrath will be on the verge shortly. Skjei is developing very well.

Suggesting a draft that supplied 3 NHL regulars, including one captain and one alternate captain, is a failure?

The comment was most likely a jab at McIlrath, so I will reiterate what was said in the other thread. A universally accepted ideal amongst professional scouts and player development personnel is that ANY draft pick #1 or #200, takes AT LEAST 5 years to reach the NHL and start competing for a regular position on the roster. After that another couple of years to establish themselves as a regular contributor. 5-7 years of development before beginning to reach potential. McIlrath was drafted in2010. 4 years ago. He is ahead of the curve. He made his NHL debut less than a full season after turning Pro. He will be competing for a spot in camp.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 02-12-2014 at 10:41 PM.