View Single Post
Old
02-09-2007, 09:29 AM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutboy View Post
"Hossa, Betts, and Hollweg play there roles quite well. Tell me other 3rd or 4th line guys that are better than Hossa and Betts on a team with the same depth as ours."

Not in my book. I expect a lot more than those scrubs provide.

Hossa gets 11 minutes a game, has 7 points and is a -9
Hilbert on the Islanders gets 11 minutes, has 18 points and is a +12

Betts gets almost 15 minutes of icetime, has 7 points and is a -2. That's pathetic
Hunter on the Isles gets 15 minutes, has 23 points and is a +7

Hollweg has 0 points getting about 8 1/2 minutes of icetime and is a -9
Asham has 15 points getting about 9 minutes of icetime and is a +3

In other words, those players do their role pathetically. Ted Nolan knows what role players should produce and how to use them. That's why he's a great coach and Renney is a buffoon. Rangers fans need to start realizing what a good role player is.

I could give you a TON of guys who get almost 15 minutes of ice time or 11 minutes of ice time that aren't sitting there with 7 points.

Its unfair to compare Betts to Hunter, when Hunter is clearly more skilled.

At the current time, there is no body better that we can replace these guys with. Don't tell me, that there are guys in hartford, that could do better, because they may or may not be, but you can't have your bottom 2 lines be guys that just came up from the minors.

Hossa, Betts, are others get alot of their time on the PK, you can't expect them to produce consistantly shorthanded.

Stop bashing the team, yea we all critize, but if you hate the team and the players that much, don't follow them.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote