View Single Post
Old
02-09-2007, 09:44 AM
zacn

vCash: 500
I don't think any of what you said has to do with being loyal and I dont see how our losing record has to do with the fans not cheering enough. A band wagon fan, by definition, wants to cheer for a winning team so if a few people are hoping to scrap a crappy season and continue to focus on the rebuild, that isn't being on any sort of band wagon. That's being loyal to a team and saying, you guys suck but we still love the rangers and are willing to be patient so you will be good next year. I think the posters who have been calling it as season are more concerned with Sather becoming trigger happy and trying to make the playoffs by trading some youth away. Nothing more.

In terms of our losing home record, the rangers seem to play fine when they are being booed on the road. They obviously feel the crowd is behind them enough to still salute after the few wins they do have at the garden. I just don't see how the crowd can be that much of a factor. Sometimes, the numbers just don't add up and a team doesn't do very well at home in a season.

zacn is offline   Reply With Quote