Old
02-13-2014, 01:13 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Kimmo retires, Flyers trade Coburn, what does our defense look like next year?

Streit-Grossman
Schenn-Gus

We would need a new first pairing. I don't think you make that deal unless something else is lined up. Yes, our offense would be great but where does Eberle play? I am not sure how he would handle the left side, we already have our right side set.
I get the concern on the defense, I'm not saying it won't take a hit. I'm just saying we can compensate for it. Coburn is a solid defenseman. He's a minute-eater you can put out there in any situation. But he's not a superstar. TBH, I don't know who would replace him next season if he were not here. There are a couple names out there that I would be fine with going after that would be worth looking into (Boyle, Quincey, Schultz, Greene, Klesla, Nikitin, Niskanen, Hainsey, Stuart, Murray). IDK the likelihood of any of these guys reaching UFA or signing with the Flyers, but I'd take Eberle and one of them over Coburn any day of the week.

As far as where Eberle would play, I have no idea. Try him on the left, try Voracek on the left. He's a good enough player that you make the adjustment you need to fit him on the team.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote