View Single Post
Old
02-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Callahan is pretty much the player now that he was a couple months ago. My point is there's not much more for him to do in the AHL except get bored and regress, which is what I think happened to Dawes, who looked fine at the NHL level, but somehow can't cut it in the AHL now.
I disagree..Callahan has accelerated through the year and shown consistency, the main feature a kid has to show before being called up (IMO)..ANd I just think that a kid playing 20 mins a night in all situation (PK,PP, jey times) is goingto continue to learn and grow even if it doesn;t show on the point sheet..esepcially compard to 3rd or 4th line minutes in NY.....And if long standing consistency is as far as it goes, I'm fine with that too...

Well, if Dawes got bored and regressed becasue of it, then his apathetic ass deserves to be in Hartford till he gets his head on straigh and game back..The AHL is full of kids who were flash in the pans but never put in the work to stay that way even if they were returned to the minors..The ones that get back to the NHL have the mindset to get back there no matter what..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote