View Single Post
Old
02-09-2007, 06:32 PM
Hab-a-maniac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Tough rivals for the Forsburg lottery but... didn't Peter himself say he'd like to play in Canada again? Maybe we do have the edge... dispite Detroit and Anaheim having better assests to move.
We're in as good a position as anyone in Canada based on our youngsters. Edmonton has a chance too but I can't see them willing to give up the star prospects they do happen to have (Cogliano, Schremp are big no-nos). Vancouver is rumoured but they're even thinner than Edmonton's ranks of youngsters and so is Toronto who actually has assets to trade for something but not get something

You see, no one would give Foppa for a big contract like Mats, Tucker's a UFA and the Leafs need all the prospects and young blood-in their world, that's guys under 27-they can muster so do you see Ferguson giving away Kaberle, Steen, Stajan, Ponikarovsky Pohl, Wellwood? Almost all are not wise to give away if you ask me). Ottawa does have some real assets to give too but a lot of theirs are already key members of the team (Vermette, Volchenkov, Eaves, Kelly) and they've been burned by deadline trades before.

Calgary does not really have the assets to trade unless they want to give up any future they have (meaning people like Boyd, Taratukin, Lombardi, Irving, Dion obviously). We have lots of good prospects and young guys but it comes down to who we're willing to deal and who the Flyers really want. If they say the dealbreaker comes down to any of Lats, Higgins, Markov, Komisarek, Fischer, Price (tee hee, Fisher-Price) or our two WHL studs, I say no. The rest of the young'uns, I'm willing to deal if we can have a real shot at something.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote