View Single Post
Old
02-15-2014, 12:38 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
I guess I don't understand why you, and others are so down on him. He needs a top 6 role. Hartford doesn't have one available. He is dominating the ECHL which is still a good league.

1st year pro. If the Rangers had a player go back as an overages and absolutely tear it up, ala Callahan when he was sent back, people would be ecstatic but when a prospect dominates a professional second tier league people get down?

He has scored at every level. Part of the reason he fell in the draft was because he was so under developed and weak physically. That's a good thing. Strength can be gained through time and training. He has very good vision and puck skills.

I guess I just don't understand how spending 1 year in the ECHL is a bad thing when he was eligible to go back as an overager.

I am kinda down on him because I was hoping he'd be a top-9 player in the AHL this year. A third line center shouldn't necessarily be a defensive position. He could've played with Hrivik and Hensick, both quality players, so his offensive production wouldn't necessarily suffer from being held back by offensively-challenged linemates.