View Single Post
Old
02-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't think it's the right time of the season to be arguing about whether a player on our AHL team deserves to be in our top-6 forwards or not. And for sure there's not much point in him being up with the team in a lesser role or in the pressbox. I do believe Kostitsyn is ready for the NHL. I don't believe he would provide any greater impact at this level than, say, Perezhogin or Samsonov, who would be just two of a plethora of competitors for his minutes. So it's really a moot point. I look forward to seeing Kostitsyn with the Habs after training camp next year, and I sure hope we don't have any injuries that would necessitate seeing him here any sooner than that.
I do believe it's an upgrade over Perez and Sammy for the purpose of having tons of confidence (even if it's AHL confidence) compared to the other 2 and might be a great candidate at least for PP2 to get that powerplay going. Even strength minus the experience, I don't see him as a liability defensively and offensively, paired with Pleks, you might be able to recreate his tandem with Grabo.

Why do I have this bad bad feeling that he'll be traded before the deadline..... I mean after waiting for him for so long (relatively speaking), now seems the time that we see him shine but could shine elsewhere? We can't afford for that to happen even more for a rental player.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote