View Single Post
02-15-2014, 12:23 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Mccarron has had a few rough patches this year, but when he's been on he's played the kind of power with skill game that he needs to play to be a key player in the NHL. His upside is closer to Lucic/Bertuzzi/Tkachuk than of Bickell or Penner...obviously it will take work and reps to reach his upside.
I still don't buy the offensive upside from McCarron. Sure I'll give him that he's scored a bit more lately. That said, this would be anyone else and all we'd be hearnig is that he's getting his numbers against the 3 weakest teams in the league. I mean Sarnia didn't even dress 3 full lines last night. Since the return from the christmas break, kid scored 1 goal and 2 assists against teams not named Sarnia or Kitchener in 13 games.

Still think he has to work on his defensive game in order to provide some value in the NHL.

Originally Posted by HCH View Post
For all of the hype around Lucic, he averages 20 goals or less per year. I'm not to worried about the shot part of it. Getting to the dirty areas and scoring the gritty goals doesn't necessarily require a world class shot. That is what I would like to see from McCarron.
Career average is 21.7 per 82 games and around 25-30 in his good years

Last edited by Mathletic: 02-15-2014 at 12:31 PM.