View Single Post
Old
02-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Mathletic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I question posters that continually run down our prospects, even when they score. It's hard enough finding any posts here that are optimistic, but when it happens there's always the downers that fail to point out any positives, they dig up any negatives possible.

The London lineup has many centers and really good ones, Mike McCarron has his work cut out for him as teammate Anderson said. Look at the competition he has to compete for icetime with, besides all the other previously mentioned or debated eternally here. It's tiring reading posts from those that don't read what has already transpired here, if in fact you aren't trolling, what is the purpose of continually running down any positive reports about our prospects?
No offense but I'm just trying to be as realist as possible. I was very positive on the Charles Hudon selection for example, same for Lehkonen. I don't see the point in watching reality with rose-colored glasses. You're entitled to be optimistic but I don't see the point in thinking that all of McCarron, Nevins, Vail and whoever will all become very important NHL players.

My honest expectations about McCarron from the beginning are that if he's going to become an NHL player it will be as a defensive player in the Travis Moen type. Kid has never shown any kind of offensive upside at any level. I understand that people would want a Milan Lucic here. Just saying that hoping for Lucic like development is like trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

So far I think I'm probably closer to reality than those hyping him as a dominant forward to be in the OHL and top-6 player to become in the NHL. Sure might happen but unlikely I find.

Having honest expectations for the kid is more fair than thinking he'll become a Lucic kinda guy when it's just very unlikely.