View Single Post
Old
02-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Habaddict

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He has plenty of time before finding where he'll fit in an NHL lineup. One thing I believe though is that he'll be a better Pro than junior, because by then he should be much stronger in his lower body and will be able to really use his natural advantage over other players.

His adjustment to the Pros will be smoother than most, because he already plays a mature game.

Also, McCarron is not the sole player to pad his stats against Sarnia and Kitchener this year. I'm sure you'd find many players that see their PPG rate go up against weaker teams.

People bashed him because he was not producing, but now that he is, we still find something wrong. Let's see if he keeps this up.

The thing is that 2013 had plenty to chose from, I understand that many people on here could have other preferences at that pick. We need to keep in mind though that what really is important, is how good he's going to be in the NHL, not in Junior. In a lot of cases, lack of production in junior means the guy won't amount to much. But a 6'5'' Powerforward is not most cases. This is a rare breed of player.

I don't see where you get that Lehkonen lacks top speed. He's a pretty good skater in his own right.
Well I agree with all of that. In fact the second paragraph is exactly what
should be said.

As to Lehkonen's skating, I agree that he is a pretty good skater. However,
far better scouts than I, have said that he could have better speed for a guy
in his role.
But obviously that was not the point.