View Single Post
Old
02-10-2007, 04:42 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I agree. The fact of the matter is that Renney does not seem to trust younger players in meaningfull roles. Unless a yoot steps onto the ice and has the instant presence of a veteran (see Henke), Renney will not play him. He would rather go with a safe career 4th liner, then entrust that he might have something better under his nose. IMO, that is why Callahan is in Hartford, instead of playing on the 3rd line of this team.
TB, you and I have disagreed on several subjects, but I have to tell you that I think your analysis of Renney in this instance is dead on. I could not agree more. I am a firm belevier that actions speak louder than words and Renney's actions have certainly spoken quite clearly for him on this subject. Only once. all year, has he and the organization done what I would have expected and that is calling up a player for a cup of coffee while the vet directly affected by the call up sits. That was Callahan.

It accomplishes two things at once. It sends a clear message tot he vet. The 2nd it gives the organization an opportunity to assess the callups development. After 55 games to have that happen only once with the issues we have had is totally unacceptable.

The last two trades were go ones I think for us. However, the players acquired are more typical of the type of forwards we have currently in the system. What does that say to them and us?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote