View Single Post
Old
02-16-2014, 12:13 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
yeah I agree to some extent. That said, large part why McCarron doesn't have an offensive role is that he couldn't capitalize on the ice-time he was given in that role. Those minutes went to guys like Marner who outplayed him offensively early in the year.

In a sense I prefer him where he is on the bottom lines. I like the idea of having him play center, although I see him as a winger long term. I prefer having him improve his defensive game than his offensive game at the moment.
The difference with the Knights and most other CHL teams is that they can afford to be less patient with players if they don't produce because they have so much firepower. Maybe he would have been dropped to the bottom6 on another team too if he kept on not producing, but the drop came faster with the Knights. Hunter has plenty of cards in his hands if it's not a player's night.

But yeah, there are certainly positives in the fact that he plays for a strong team. He has to earn his ice time, and he can work on different aspects of his game. I don't think anybody saw him become a center

It's been a pleasant surprise so far, his center experience!