View Single Post
Old
02-02-2004, 04:21 AM
Rowsdower

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundin13

1) Curtis Joseph is Detroit's #1 goalie at this point and it's Joseph's job to lose. Accrording to Miller, Ken Holland told Joseph that "he has the ball and he should run with it". It's highly unlikely that the Detroit Red Wings would deal any of their 3 goalies. Hasek is expected to come back from his groin injury next week.

2) Pierre LaCroix has been sniffing around Sean Burke, Olaf Kolzing, Byron Dafoe and Steve Shields. It remains a mystery whether LaCroix wants to acquire a veteran backup goaltender or a veteran starting goaltender. Aebischer has been good this season, so one may think that LaCroix wants a veteren backup.
1) I think it's rather unlikely the Red Wings could deal any of their three goalies....Hasek will likley remain via no trade clause, and I still can't see a team make a pitch for Cujo unless he turns it up....Legace could be dealt but I don't see why he would be....

2) I could see the Avs looking at Burke (UFA after this season I beleive), Dafoe (contract status?) and Shields....however, I can't really see them aquiring Kolzig....Abby has had a sensational year and I'm pretty sure Kolzig's got a few more years on his contract....I can't see PL bringing in Kolzig's salary to backup Aebischer, nor can I see him taking over Abby's starting role....a team I do see showing interest in Kolzig is Philly....if he can get back on his game in Philly, they would be a very scary team in the postseason...