02-16-2014, 06:57 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Berglund has 212 points in 412 GP
Gagner has 282 points in 461 GP

I don't see how it's really that off, especially considering Berglund is struggling a bit this year in the goals department. Sure we'd have to add, and retain salary from Sam, but Berglund is 12th in scoring on St. Louis and is an RFA in the summer, so not necessarily a keeper there especially if he asks for too much. I think you're overvaluing size like most of the Oilers posters around here. Gagner (at least 800K retained) + Musil + Moroz or another sizeable prospect could maybe land you Berglund IMO.

You're dreaming if you think Pittsburgh is dealing Harrington for anything less than Vanek or MAYBE Moulson or a scorer with a contract.

If we trust Bob Stauffer, Hemsky is worth either a B prospect or B prospect + pick, or 2nd rounder, and MAYBE a first rounder but he said it himself, Hemsky is not the top option on anyone's list so we'll have to see what happens before March 5.

Now as for Misfit's comment, I've watched enough Gagner to see that he just isn't the right No.2 C for us because he's better off as a complimentary scorer for someone else, and we need a bigger, more two-way guy at that spot. Now, I wouldn't hurry in dealing him (like NO to Gagner for Clifford that's gross) but I do want him traded.
Berglund is a better player then Gagner period. If I'm St. Louis I'm not giving him away for a soft overpaid unreliable 2nd line center and a B prospect. Berglund has scored over 20 goals in his career something Gagner has never done. Berglund has close to 3 times the amount of hits that Gagner does this year. Berglund would be the perfect 1st line center here IMO. Playing between Hall and Eberle I could see him easily putting up 60 points in a season while being reliable in his own zone. Would also allow RNH to mature playing against softer competition with Perron and Yakupov. If St. Louis would do that deal I'd be all over it but I can't see them doing it without us adding something substantial.