View Single Post
02-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Tier 1 Fan
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by goggog View Post
My graduating class is trying to plan a 7 day all-inclusive vacation to somewhere in Mexico, Dominican, or Cuba. Unfortunately we've been struggling to make some decisions!
We are trying to keep our group of ~25 cost under $1200 (Calgary depart) but I am wondering what experiences all you HF'ers have had?
What are some good sites to book vacations? (I know of Redtag, Expedia, Air Canada, and WestJet).
Which specific resorts have you experienced and would recommend?

Any other information is appreciated!
The service industry in the Dominican Republic has gone downhill pretty bad. The (president?) of that Country has taken it upon himself to deport those of Haitian descent en masse, and unfortunately, they made up the bulk of the service industry. It's not the same place anymore, I'm not sure if you remember but there was a story a few weeks ago of two Canadian women who were accosted by resort security in their own resort.

Mexico is pretty okay. I've only been once and I'll never go back. I've never been to Cuba so I can't comment on that. I've also been to Costa Rica, and we stayed off resort in a little surfing village called Hermosa, and honestly, that was the best experience I've ever had in central America.