View Single Post
Old
02-10-2007, 09:12 PM
AJ1982

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
First, I don't think the season is "over" yet. I think anything can happen in the NHL today. Hell, we could go on a run and win the cup, obviously that would pretty much be a miracle but there is always a chance until you are mathmatically eliminated.

Second, I think this team has had obvious flaws since day one. Our position now should not really be a big surprise. I remember thinking after bombing in the playoffs last year that this team could be in big trouble this season. It took Jagr and Lundqvist both playing like MVPs to get the Rangers to 100 points last year. Adding Shanny (though he is awesome), Cullen, Ward, Rachunek and Hall was never going to be enough if Lundqvist and Jagr were not playing at their best. This was pretty obvious when we had that first slump at the beginning of the year and everybody sat around saying "oh, well it is early". Of course it doesn't help that Renney can't coach and won't even attempt to matchup lines to help Jagr. But again, Renney's coaching abilities (or lack there of) were evident last season if you looked beyond the performance of Jagr and Lundy. So, while the season isn't really over I think that if you were in tune with reality then the performance of this team should not be a shocker.