View Single Post
Old
02-16-2014, 11:18 PM
TheNugeeToHall*
Draft Junkie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
I was just inquiring because I want to make sure I target the perfect No.2 in my roster outline. I wanted to see what you were thinking.

Now Stastny is a UFA, but I think the Avs retain him at 6M+ and I don't see him coming here. I think trade is the way to go.

Couturier/Schenn/Hodgson/Bjugstad/Nielsen/Zibanejad/Turris/Johansson/Scheifele I'd say are untouchable. Jenner maybe too.

Like, it's really though. Gagner is, offensively, a capable No.2 C, but he isn't OUR capable No.2 C. Plus, with the year he's had, plus the contract, his value is at an all time low. I don't know how we're going to get this No.2 C, I really don't. We may have to take on a project, but then again, Gagner is probably better than a Wilson or a Cizikas, I'm quite concerned/worried about this.
Excatly, the ideal 2c's throughout the league are all untouchable. I wasn't taking contracts, UFA's, untouchables, those are just the players I would love to see in an oilers jersey.

Wilson may lack Gagner caliber offense but adds size and abit more grit to the top 6, and defensive liability, and may thrive with a more skilled oilers top6. I know Gagner is having an off year but here are some stats

Wilson GP:58 G:7 A:17 P:24
Gagner GP:47 G:6 A:18 P:24

Cizikas I was just getting abit carried away