View Single Post
Old
02-17-2014, 01:16 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
In the 3 seasons he played with the Oilers, they were spending a lot of time in flux with coaching and trying out young players apart from Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle. Its not like playing Omark was costing the team vital points or development, those teams never had a hope of making the post season.
So Its OK for the club to just have a platoon of pretenders in the lineup for multiple years in front of a crowd paying huge bucks and furthermore squeezing these pretenders into an NHL topsix. Not only did this cost time that could've been spend developing other potential players, or having actual players in the lineup, but stringing the lot to Sam Gagner didn't exactly help his career either. Whats a guy like Gagner, a competitor, supposed to think when the club saddles him with two rookies Omark and Paajarvi. That they hate him? Gagner was 21 at the time. lol.

If I worked for a company that tells me I have to carry guys like this and then busts my balls for not producing enough I'd communicate something about that..

So its not just one player, its several the Oilers carried that ideally weren't suited for primetime and with this impacting the atmosphere and compete level of the whole club. When the guys you are playing with are so inept theres just not much you can do.

Look up learned helplessness paradigm. Because its the situation the oilers puts its players into year after year after year. Eventually the dog just feels whipped. This being the entire Oilers disposition in most games.

Last edited by Replacement: 02-17-2014 at 01:26 AM.
Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote