View Single Post
Old
02-17-2014, 01:32 AM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I didn't say it was okay, but its fairly obvious to everybody that that's what was going on.

They had a bunch of young players, they had traded away or gotten rid of pretty much all their veteran support. They were seeing what they had. If Gagner didn't like what he saw, he could have went to arbitration, signed a contract and became a free agent that much quicker. Nobody put a gun to his head to sign a contract. I suspect like most NHL players he probably cares more about his pay cheque than where he's playing.
Well, I know you follow my point perfectly well. When you put your players in a position of can't possibly complete year after year, and then have your go to guys playing alongside guys that shouldn't even be in the league then this is a perfect storm impacting those remaining players on an ongoing basis. Think about it, an NHL line composed of a 21yr old center and two raw rookies. Now who thought that was going to be a good idea? Its pretty much a recipe on how to destroy compete level. Its a demonstration of bad faith on the org level stranding your players like that for multiple seasons.

You can take the fight out of the dog. This org is really good at doing that with players that are any good.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote