View Single Post
Old
02-17-2014, 11:28 AM
cleangene

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
if i'm the gm i don't trade wilson. He is not the problem. As i've said before and i'll say it again, two points. 1. Moving him to center was the best thing trotz did. He looks more comfortable out there, is making plays and is using his size and a little bit of a mean streak. The points will come if he continues to play like he is. 2. Get him a finisher. A good playmaker needs someone who can shoot the puck and bury it. It's not his fault he doesn't have anyone on his line that can bury the puck. If he had a finisher, his numbers would go up as well.

You don't trade good pieces, you build around them and give them the pieces they need to succeed as well. Smith and legwand have looked good together. Find a smith like player to play alongside wilson and i guarantee wilson's numbers would be in the 60 pt a year range. If legwand is indeed traded, i could see wilson and smith on a line together becoming quite the duo. Put hornqvist on the other size possibly and you've got the playmaker, the sniper and the garbage pail guy in front of the net.
this is sooooo spot on!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote