View Single Post
Old
02-17-2014, 03:17 PM
DecadesofFutility

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I just want to say again that I do not think Laughton was a bad choice at all. i think he has clearly showed he is better than many forwards drafted in front of him like Tom Wilson and Faska.

That being said if the draft was held again tomorrow you are looking at Maatta being a top 8 pick with only Trouba being the better dman than him so far.

Coming into the draft most of us were hoping to draft a dman. It was obvious that Murray, Rielly, Reinhart, Dumba and Trouba were not going to slide to us. After that group I believe Maatta was rated the highest next. All i was hoping for was one of Maatta , Ceci, Koekkoek , or pouliot to fall to us.

When Maatta was still there at our pick most of us assumed and hoped it would be him and were shocked by the laughton picked.
My guess is that Homer still believed in his overrated defense, and his ability to sign a stud FA to improve the unit overall.
When his plans fell through and "the light came on" he realized that top PMD and/or #1 Dman were no longer easy to acquire.
Finally he had to try to draft and develop one, he had no other options, other than gutting the team to get one.

DecadesofFutility is offline   Reply With Quote