Thread: Prospect Info: David Musil vs. Oscar Klefbom
View Single Post
Old
02-17-2014, 03:39 PM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Gregor's interview with Nelson seems to suggest that Klefbom has turned a corner:

http://oilersnation.com/2014/2/10/update-from-the-farm

Quote:
Nelson: He’s been playing really solid. I think that he’s been playing his best hockey since he’s come off of that injury. He’s put together a string of games where he’s been very consistent. He’s playing with confidence now, he’s winning loose puck battles in the corners, he’s very strong in those areas but the thing that I think that he has improved the most is his puck moving ability. He is playing a lot more confidently, he’s making good decisions, he’s finding options and they’re the right options. He’s definitely turning into the player that everyone thought that he was going to be. So long as he keeps that consistency up, he’s going to be fine.
Quote:
I think that just his play on the walls and in the corners. Any time that there is a one-on-one battle, he wins it. He is very strong in those areas. Everybody is looking for a defenceman who can win those loose puck battles in the corner, maybe kill the cycle and then go and transition the puck up ice. So that’s the one thing that really impresses me.

Another thing is that it doesn’t matter how much we play him, he never gets tired. His conditioning is fantastic. I think he just changes because everyone else changes. He probably could play the whole game and he plays at a high tempo as well. He doesn’t tire, he has great stamina and he’s just a horse for us. We could play him for 30 minutes and he wouldn’t even blink an eye. All of the things that I just mentioned will help him with his career, but the biggest thing is from the start of the year is that he is moving the puck a lot smarter and a lot better. He’s making better decisions like that
Now for me this is second hand info. Unlike last year I have not really watched the Barons at all.

Fourier is online now   Reply With Quote