Thread: Prospect Info: David Musil vs. Oscar Klefbom
View Single Post
Old
02-17-2014, 10:56 PM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
I'm sure his down seasons had nothing to do with his back injury and divorce. I said it last june that Penner would rebound and the best thing for him would be to get out of LA. I figured he'd have to go further then Anaheim to do it but he's being put in a prime position in Anaheim and producing. I'm sure he would have produced here playing in the top 6. Imagine if we had signed him this year how much better this forward group could have looked. We need veterans on this team but for some reason the brain trust don't see it. Just for fun adding Penner to the current forward group we end up with this:

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Penner-Gagner-Yakupov
Perron-Gordon-Hemsky
Gazdic-Hendricks-Jones
Smyth

Looks a lot more rounded to me, but what do I know.
If we kept Penner, wed have him and Hall as LWs, and less cap space. We wouldnt have been motivated to go out and get Perron, and would not have had the cap space to get him. Although I do agree with you that thats a balanced top 6, and a pretty good top 9.

Theres a lot of "what ifs" but either way Im completely fine with the trade, even if we are still waiting on getting any NHL games out of the deal. It was a good move for a rebuilding team looking to add youth.

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote