Thread: Stauffer: Mitch Holmberg
View Single Post
Old
02-18-2014, 01:20 AM
topchowda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
There will be more roster turnover this summer for sure. There will be enough contracts to use one on him.

Steve Mac- Gone, Grebeshkov-Gone, Fedun will leave, Miller has been mediocre..doubt he gets a QO, Bachman may stay, Lander will get dealt or head to Europe, Hemsky traded, Smyth possibly traded, Eager-Gone, Nick Schultz-Gone, Potter-?.

Chase, Yakimov, Slepyshev etc get ELCs.

More than enough contracts to sign him.
I agree that there will be a big roster turn over (of minor leaguers and bottom liners), but I really hope Fedun and Lander arent lost in the shuffle

Fedun has been great in the AHL and showed well in his NHL stint. I really want him to get a shot in the NHL sometime this season. There is no way he will want to stay with the Oilers if he has to play in the AHL next season and battle with Klefbom/Nurse/Davidson etc etc for NHL call up duties.

Lander has been playing extremely good in his AHL stint (ppg player through 36 games). I want to try him at 2c for a bit (couldnt hurt with this season lost) to see what hes good. Up until now hes been playing between brutal linemates, but Id love to see him with some skilled guys.

I hope Fedun, Arcobello and Lander get 7-10 game stints in the NHL in the final stretch. Dont want to lose them without knowing forsure what we have

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote