View Single Post
Old
02-18-2014, 12:29 AM
fakezomg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
The Fakeballers are in trouble. And zomg is obviously a much better in game manager than I am.
Not getting good youth pulls from my SA makes it hard to keep up. I've had high level facilities for quite a while now, and it just hasn't paid off compared to the rest of you guys. Just as a rough comparison of current rosters - Boilermakers have 6 National Team players, 4 U20, and 4 U17 that have come from his own SA, FC Corona has 2 NT and 3 U17 quality players on the team, but he's also sold a bunch of pulls that were good enough to make the roster of the youth teams. Arlington Betamax has 5 NT, 5 U20, and 1 U17 players, Bombsville Atomics have 4 NT, 2 U20, 2 U17, and I've got 0 NT, 1 U20 player, and 1 U17 player came from my academy that I sold because he's not that good, but I guess the team is desperate for defense.

So, that's a pretty big disparity in the quality of youth pulls over the last 5+ seasons, which means I'll steadily be falling behind, except for the occasional multi-hundred million dollar purchase, until my squad of purchased 18-year-olds gets in their mid 20s, and are ready to start.

Heh, maybe an undocumented feature of PRO Pack is that you get better youth pulls?! Considering my hockey team has only one U18 player, and my handball team has no national team players, I wouldn't be surprised...

In other news, I picked up a 56 year old, 87/87 physiotherapist for only 20k. I see 57 year old, 200 OR coaches only go for around 2.5 million, so I guess my plan to not train up replacements, but instead just buy them when I need them, is financially sound.