View Single Post
Old
02-02-2004, 12:48 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
I somewhat disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
As bad as a coach as Sather is, and it's hard to think of an arguably worse one in the NHL right now, I do not want Keenan back here. Yes we won the cup with a decade ago, but that has no contemporary relevance. The game has changed. A lot. You need someone who can actually coach. You need a Lemaire, a Hitchcock, or a Martin, someone who understands how games are played, and how games are won, in 2004. All Keenan does is yell. Yes, we'd all like to see the current Rangers get torn a new one after each miserable performance. However, that isn't constructive, and it's not going to bring us any closer to being a winning team. I'm tired of hearing about how a few players having good seasons under Keenan is evidence of what a great coach he is. Dvorak had a career year under Ron Low, I suppose that makes Low a great coach? Keenan has won nothing since leaving the Rangers in '94, and with every team he's been fired from, his successor has done, much, much better. Keenan may satisfy a lust for nostalgia and retribution, but he clearly is not the answer.

Keenan so far has been the only coach I have seen in the last 10 years to employ a system that can beat the trap, without trapping himself.

I would love to see him come in here and turn this around.

As for the yelling, the players on this team need to be beaten with a fricking stick, a little yelling shouldn't hurt anyone and if someone's ego is a bit bruised and he wants to complain, send him packing.

The BS that has gone one here has to stop and if Sather and Dolan don't want to be the bad guys, then bring in the Ultimate Bad Guy himself.

It can't get any worse.